LG Electronics USA, Inc. Engineering Sr. Manager in Fort Worth, Texas
Engineering Sr. Manager
Location Fort Worth, Texas
Department (Org 2) MC SVC I60005
Job Requisition 22444
LG Electronics Alabama Inc. (LGEAI) - Service
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
Under general direction, responsible for managing the entire service process, recycle/reuse roadmap the mobile phones in terms of engineering, including but not limited to the creation of new repair processes for new model phones, the improvement of repair processes for existing models, and other production engineering support. Manages various engineering preparation activities to ensure service operation is performed in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Identify new techniques of new model phone’s service operation and prepare process modification, training material, equipment investment, and working guidelines
• Provide guideline and support to each part member to ensure all engineering activities are properly performed in accordance with direction and guideline
• Analyze requirements from carriers on the new models and production line set up a plan to meet the requirements by coordinating with related parties, including R&D center and factory quality team in Korea and sales account teams in USA
• Analyze any operational problems and issues arising from repair production lines and perform troubleshooting in a timely manner to meet RTAT (Repair Turn Around Time) requirement bound by service agreement with carriers
• Supervise engineers to ensure all requirements for production process are including product return and ship to customer
• Lead ongoing process improvements in productivity, quality, cost, and capacity through collaboration with repair production floor employees
• Monitor and analyze the performance of equipment and tools, and conduct monthly / quarterly / annual maintenance and calibration activities
• Supervise recycle/reuse activities of new model and existing models
• Create/Develop work procedure for entire production line including 3rd party operation.
• Responsible for managing product repair process and productivity improvement including creating management system and tact time for production line
• Establish, develop, and implement goals, objectives, and procedures for product engineering team
• Develop employees by providing needed resources, career development opportunities, and constructive feedback
• Other duties as assigned"
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications
• Minimum five years of experience in engineering and service engineering management
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and work in a deadline driven environment
• Strong analytical and written and verbal communication skills
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.