LG Electronics USA, Inc. Staff Attorney in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Location Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Department (Org 2) NA Product Safety Legal S40062
Job Requisition 22351
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Staff Attorney to join our dynamic team in Englewood Cliffs, NJ as part of the Product Safety Legal Team!
• Represent the Company directly and supervise outside counsels in dispute resolution of safety and non-safety related litigation matters
• Research claim/litigation history, communicate with each business units and insurance carriers regarding new litigation, and collect necessary information and documents to evaluate the case
• Review status and execute strategic decisions under supervision of Senior Counsel, support written discovery requests, and communicate and manage outside counsels and internal business unit to prepare for discovery
• Prepare company personnel for deposition, trial or other events on an as-assigned basis
• Conduct sensitive internal investigations
• Document review and legal research as needed
• Internal data system management - update case status in the system, upload outside counsel reports and analysis memos
• Provide legal advice and guidance related to the functional team’s responsibilities
• JD from an ABA accredited law school.
• Active member in good standing of a state bar, or admission pending.
• Relevant experience not required
• Business proficiency in English and Korean is required
• Minimal administrative support expected
• Willingness to learn new technology and products
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel)
• Superior drafting and negotiating skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with co-workers at all levels.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Develop and utilize strong analytical skills to research potential solutions and determine appropriate course of action
• Ability to work overtime and travel as needed
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.