LG Electronics USA, Inc. Bilingual (Korean/English) Procurement Associate in Clarksville, Tennessee
Bilingual (Korean/English) Procurement Associate
Location Clarksville, Tennessee
Department (Org 2) TN Procurement Team N90006
Job Requisition 24606
LG Electronics N.A. Appliance Factory
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Procurement Associate to join our dynamic team in Clarksville, TN!
The Procurement Associate will ensure lowest delivered cost and highest quality through supply chain management techniques and financial analysis.
• Assist in the buying function including parts selection, quoting and sourcing production parts
• Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists
• Compare prices, specifications and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
• Knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors
• Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and quality issues
• Agree on first piece approval dates and track progress
• Negotiate contracts
• Responsible for promoting a safe working environment and monitoring compliance activities to support the safety program
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field of study
• A proven track record of strategically sourcing raw material such as: steel, resin and factory components to include injection molding, presses, die casting and electrical parts
• Experience in procurement preferred
• Solid understanding of supply chain mechanics and forecasting
• Good understanding of financial analysis and cost modeling
• Strong organizational and negotiating skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Bilingual (Korean/English) preferred
• Occasional international travel required
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.